It's World Card Making Day on October 1st. So card makers all over the world are celebrating by creating and/or sending cards. Some are even creating with others at card-making events and parties this weekend! And then there are those of us who are sharing hand-made card ideas on our blogs.
My name is Rachel Tessman and I am from Andover, Minnesota in the United States. Welcome to our World Card Making Day 2016 Blog Hop! All of us who are participating in this hop are Stampin' Up!® demonstrators from around the world. And all the ideas shared will be with our fabulous, trendy & current Stampin' Up! products. I hope you will find a ton of ideas to inspire your creativity as you hop from blog to blog. There is a list at the end of my post which will help you to move through the blog hop so you can see all the amazing ideas.
I went SIMPLE and created SETS of cards instead of just sharing one card today. Hope that's okay.
Because many of our wonderful packs of designer paper will be on sale through the month of October, I thought I would share how easy it is to make beautiful cards with designer paper and very little extra product. The designer paper alone acts as the main image on a card. No need for several inks or lots of time. From one pack of designer paper, the 12 sheets could produce 72 cards if done in this style.
- Whisper White cardstock (thick or regular): 11" x 4-1/4" scored at 5-1/2" for the card base
- Whisper White cardstock (thick or regular): 3-1/2" x 2"
- Fruit Stand Designer Series paper: 4" x 5-1/4"
- Punch 3-1/2" x 2" Whisper White cardstock with the banner punch (see complete list of supplies used at the end of this post).
- Stamp sentiment.
- Then use Bone Folder tool to curl the end of banner a bit.
- Assemble card pieces using SNAIL Adhesive.
- Add self-adhesive Metallic Enamel Shape accents. (That's it!)
I put these 12 cards together in no time! And because I can get 72 cards from one pack of designer paper, I decided that I really need to make a bunch more and make card sets as gifts for the upcoming holidays.
Now keep in mind...some designer paper patterns aren't the best for this simple card layout. You will need bold images that scream "look at me!" This set of designs in the Fruit Stand Designer Series Paper pack was perfect!
But the designs on the opposite sides of these papers (because the papers are double-sided!) weren't loud enough. With each pack of paper you get 2 sheets of each double-sided paper - 12 in all. So if I ignored the quiet patterns on the flip side, I could really use this entire pack and make those 72 cards.
Here are close-up photos of each card. One of each pair below was stamped with the Tin of Cards stamp set. And the other was stamped with the Designer Tin of Cards stamp set.
A heads up!...Some of our wonderful designer series paper is going on sale in October.
- Floral Boutique Designer Series Paper  $11.00
- Moroccan Designer Series Paper  $11.00
- Fruit Stand Designer Series Paper  $11.00
- Blooms & Bliss Designer Series Paper  $11.00
- Festive Birthday Designer Series Paper  $11.00
- By The Shore Designer Series Paper  $11.00
- Presents & Pinecones Designer Series Paper  $11.00
- Candy Cane Lane Designer Series Paper  $11.00
And there are even more savings October 1-5...
|138339||2015-2017 In Color Card stock||15%||$8 USD/$10 CAD||$6.80 USD/$8.50 CAD|
|141413||2016-2018 In Color Card stock||15%||$8 USD/$10 CAD||$6.80 USD/$8.50 CAD|
|141697||2015-2017 In Color Envelope Paper||25%||$11 USD/$14.50 CAD||$8.25 USD/$10.88 CAD|
|141698||2016-2018 In Color Envelope Paper||25%||$11 USD/$14.50 CAD||$8.25 USD/$10.88 CAD|
|133774||Envelope Punch Board||25%||$20 USD/$27 CAD||$15 USD/$20.25 CAD|
|141651||Designer Tin of Cards Project Kit||25%||$27 USD/$36 CAD||$20.25 USD/$27 CAD|
|129027||Fast Fuse Adhesive Refill – Buy a Fast Fuse Adhesive (item 129026) and get a Refill for FREE!||$7.50 USD/$10 CAD||FREE with purchase of Fast Fuse Adhesive|