I shared this card awhile back - back in December of 2015. But I wanted to share it again with a current (but retiring) stamp set called Mixed Borders and also link you to this great page layout (click here), this pretty card (click here), and this card I shared just last month (click here) so you can see what a fabulous die this soon-to-be-retiring Sunburst Framelit is.
I was pretty sad when I saw this die on the retiring products list. I think it's fabulous, and I am going to miss it for sure. The Retiring Products List posted April 10th. Certain products tend to sell out quickly. So take inventory now and start making those needed purchases earlier than later.
If you wish to recreate this card, below is some helpful information.
- Stamps:Mixed Borders (141932p)
- 140272 Whisper White Thick cardstock: 11” x 4-1/4” scored in half at 5-1/2” and 3-1/2” x 1”
- 119683 Daffodil Delight cardstock: 4” x 5-1/4”
- 131203 Soft Sky cardstock: 4” x 5-1/4”
- 135315 Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer paper: 4” x 5-1/4”
- Ink: 140931 Basic Black Archival
- Other: 138292 Banner Triple Punch, 143263 Big Shot, 140617 Sunburst Thinlit die, 141678 Metallic Enamel Shapes, 126889 Stampin’ Trimmer, 103579 Paper Snips, 104332 SNAIL Adhesive, 104430 Dimensionals, 103683 Glue Dots
- Run the Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer paper through the Big Shot with the Sunburst Thinlit die. Then set up the die the same way on the Daffodil Delight cardstock. But before die-cutting, rotate the die in a clockwise direction just a tiny bit (pretend you have a pin holding the center of the “sun” still). After die-cutting once, position the die on the Daffodil Delight piece again. But this time rotate the die in the other direction just a bit before running it through the Big Shot again. This will create more narrow rays in your Daffodil Delight sun shape piece.
- Add the Soft Sky cardstock to the card front using SNAIL. Add the Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer paper using SNAIL. Add the Daffodil Delight cardstock using several Glue Dots.
- Punch the end of the 3-1/2” x 1” piece of Whisper White cardstock with the Banner Triple Punch. Stamp the sentiment. Then add this banner to the front of the card using Dimensionals in the middle and under the right end and Glue Dots under the left end (so this end much closer).
- Add the Metallic Enamel Shapes.
We are still working on room remodeling here at my house. The last of the new carpeting is getting installed today along with floor board reinforcements. My parents are here to help us (once again), and my dad will be putting screws in the floor boards so they don't squeak anymore! Yay! During the last couple days my dad also resurfaced our dining room table. Isn't he a saint?!
I'm still hoping to share photos of my boys' new bedrooms. Things have just taken a lot longer than I had originally anticipated - still trying to put in the finishing touches. Hopefully I'll get those photos along with photos of all the new rooms (and now the new dining room table! lol) on my blog soon. It's been an exciting but LONG process.
Have a great Thursday everyone!
Looking for information on retiring products and the upcoming 2017-18 Annual Catalog? Click here for the newest news! ;)
The Retiring Products List posted April 10th. Certain products tend to sell out quickly. So take inventory now and start making those needed purchases earlier than later.
Want to be one of the first to see and get your hands on new products?