I hope you like what we share! Follow along and check out all the other blogs in the hop (click on the names of other participants in the list below) so you can see a great collection of hand-stamped cards and paper crafting projects. AND...if you like what we share, you might consider purchasing the April Tutorial Bundle. Click here to learn more about how you can get this and other past tutorial bundles.
My project today is a simple accordion mini album.
Here are a few details that should help if you wish to recreate this project. By the way, MOST of these items are retiring soon. So if you want to get anything shown, I recommend doing it sooner than later before it may become sold out.
- Whisper White Cardstock: 14 pieces that are 3-1/2" x 3-1/2", scraps for stamping and die-cutting floral images, 4" x 1" for title on the cover
- Mint Macaron Cardstock: 3 pieces that are 5-5/8" x 3-3/4", 8" x 3" or scraps for die-cutting flowers
- Tip Top Taupe Cardstock: 12" x 4" scored in 5-7/8" from each end for the cover, 3 pieces that are 12" x 3-3/4" scored in a 5-3/4" from one end and 1/2" from the other end
- Succulent Garden Designer Paper: 5-3/8" x 3-1/2" of Sweet Sugarplum checkerboard design for cover, 4 pieces of colorful floral design that are 2" x 3-1/2", 4 pieces of mint floral design that are 2" x 3-1/2", 4 pieces of Sweet Sugarplum checkerboard design that are 2" x 3-1/2"
- Sweet Sugarplum Succulent Garden Ribbon: 28"
- Prepare all your pieces first: stamp and die-cut all your floral embellishments, die-cut & sponge your Mint Macaron solid flowers (curl petals with bone folder), punch and stamp Whisper White title piece, and have all papers and cardstock cut and scored
- Zig-zag fold the 3 smaller pieces of taupe. Put tear & tape along the 1/2" section.
- Then the connect them, first position them inside the cover the way they will go...
- ...and slowly lift up the right side of one section at a time to remove the backing on the tape and connect the pieces.
- Close up the album and wrap around the ribbon as shown so that the middle of the ribbon is positioned at the fold (or the "binding") of the album. Use adhesive to secure the ribbon the the front. (Don't put any adhesive on the back.)
- Add the mint and designer paper cover pieces.
- Then add the rest of the papers and embellishments to the inside pages as shown.
I didn't use any Dimensionals to add the inside embellishments. And I mad sure that I didn't have any adhesives behind these flowers where photos would be going.
Here are more photos so you can see how I laid out the inside page pieces.
And this is how it closes up!
Time to decorate the front.
- Layer together the sponges, curled Mint Macaron die-cut flowers using Glue Dots and/or Fast Fuse. (Oh! and be sure to add two really small ones to the center. I didn't have those shown in the first photo of prepped supplies.)
- Use Fast Fuse to attach the mint flower to the cover. Use Dimensionals and Fast Fuse and/or Glue Dots to add the title banner. Then use Fast Fuse to add the extra flower embellishments.
Thanks for checking out my blog today. Have fun on the hop! And if you think you may want to purchase (or earn) these exclusive tutorials that I've been referring to, CLICK HERE for more information.
Take note that the Retiring Products List posted April 10th. Certain products tend to sell out quickly. So take inventory now and start making those needed purchases earlier than later.