I am currently overseas on my Stampin' Up!® incentive trip. So I have invited a few from my Stampers With ART team to be guest bloggers for me!...
Amanda Martin shared one of her cards already on June 11th, but I really loved this other card of hers and asked if she could write up a little step-by-step for me so we could share it with all of you. Not only did she write up the directions, but she also shared a few helpful photos! What a sweetie!!
Amanda writes..."I actually made that name up myself - the Wizard of Oz Effect. The black and white on the outside & full color on the inside makes me think if that moment in the Wizard of Oz movie."
- 143637 Beautiful You stamp set
- 140272 Whisper White Thick Cardstock
- 121045 Basic Black cardstock
- 126952 Tempting Turquoise ink pad
- 126962 Marina Mist ink pad
- 126944 Daffodil Delight ink pad
- 140931 Basic Black Archival ink pad
- 126975 Crumb Cake ink pad
- 131264 Many Marvelous Markers (Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Tempting Turquoise, Basic Black, Basic Gray, Smoky Slate)
- 144033 2017-19 In Color Markers (Powder Pink)
- 141337 Stamping Sponges
- 141714 Sponge Brayer
- 133773 Daubers
- 104430 Stampin' Dimensionals
- 119873 3/4" Circle Punch
- 141897 Wink of Stella Clear
- 104332 SNAIL Adhesive
- 133774 Envelope Punch Board
- 130148 Grid Paper
- "full adhesive" sticky note papers
- Whisper White Thick cardstock: 8-1/2” x 5-1/2” folded in half for card base, 2" x 4"
- Basic Black cardstock: 2-1/2" x 4-1/2"
Stamp images with Basic Black Archival ink on the 2" x 4" Whisper White piece, the lower right front of card, the inside of the card.
Use the Smoky Slate and Basic Gray markers to color the girl holding and umbrella image.
Cut out image from the sticky note and cover/mask stamped image on the inside of the card. Also punch a 3/4" circle from the sticky note for the sun and place on the inside of the card.
Fold over the card base so only the left side of the inside of the card is showing.
Brayer the top portion with Tempting Turquoise for full, quick coverage. Then go back over with sponge and dauber to get a bit deeper and varied color. Use the sponge dauber to make the rounded edge where the water meets the shore.
Place a big post-it note over the top inch or so, including all of the sun. Tip: Grid Paper works great here to make sure both your card is straight and your "horizon" is straight. Use another sponge dauber to add Marina Mist, and create a darker area of the ocean against the horizon.
Peel your masks off. If you have too much white area next your dancing girl image, move your mask over a bit and go in again with your Tempting Turquoise sponge dauber. Or use the Tempting Turquoise marker to fill in the white space.
Use the "negative" from your sun sticky note and cover the blue area around the sun. Gently use your dauber to sponge inside with Daffodil Delight ink. Remove this sticky note.
Use another sponge dauber and add Crumb Cake ink for your sand.
Color your "Dorothy" with Real Red, Daffodil Delight, and Powder Pink markers. (I like adding a matching ribbon color on her hat.)
Use the Wink of Stella brush to add a little shimmer to the water.
Round the corners of your card using the corner rounder on the Envelope Punch board.
Add the front layers to the card with SNAIL and Dimensionals.
Thanks for visiting today! I hope you enjoyed what my guest blogger had to share today.
Purchase $50 worth of product in July to get a coupon for $5 to redeem in August. Yay!! Click here for more details.
- There is no limit to the number of coupons participants can receive per order or throughout the duration of the promotion.
- An email address is required to participate; Bonus Days coupon codes can only be delivered via email.
- All order types qualify for this promotion excluding Starter Kits.
Christmas in July for new demonstrators!
Purchase the Starter Kit in July, join my community of Stampin' Up!® demonstrators (Stampers With ART Stars) for the fun and benefits, AND get the Carols of Christmas stamp set AND an Essentials Gift Pack of Tools for FREE (an extra $72 value)!
- 144804 - Carols of Christmas Stamp Set
Essentials Gift Pack:
- 118485 - D Block (x2)
- 130148 - Grid Paper
- 103579 - Paper Snips
- 104332 - SNAIL Adhesive
- 102300 - Bone Folder
- This offer is good for any recruit who joins during the month of July, including former demonstrators.
- All Starter Kit orders must be submitted by 11:59 PM (MT) on July 31 to be eligible for this promotion.
- Recruits may not exchange their Essential Gift Pack items for other products, including stamp sets.
- Please note: The Essentials Gift Pack will automatically be added to the Starter Kit.