I am currently overseas on my Stampin' Up!® incentive trip. So I have invited a few from my Stampers With ART team to be guest bloggers for me!...
Hi! My name is Tricia Josephs. I live in Ramsey, MN with my husband, Cory, our 12 year old dog, Phoenix, and two cats, Nigel (1.5 years) and Milo (2 months). I have been stamping FOREVER but finally became a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator in 2003. I would have to say the best part about being a demonstrator is the relationships built with other demonstrators…. a well-stocked (at a discount) craft room is a nice perk too! One thing I love about stamping is the “instant gratification” you get with a quick project. The card I am sharing with you today is a perfect example. Whether it is your first time or 1000th time embossing an image, it is always magical to see the embossed image transform.
- 138764 Heartfelt Sympathy photopolymer stamps
- 118484 Clear Block E
- 102128 Chocolate Chip cardstock
- 105119 Always Artichoke cardstock
- 120953 Crumb Cake cardstock
- 144177 Wood Textures Designer Series Paper
- 126972 Always Artichoke ink pad
- 102283 VersaMark Ink pad
- 129053 Heat Tool
- 103083 Embossing Buddy
- 141636 Copper Stampin’ Emboss Powder
- 144179 1/4” Copper Trim
- 144162 Crumb Cake 3/8” Classic Weave Ribbon
- 126889 Stampin’ Trimmer
- 129026 Fast Fuse Adhesive
- 104430 Stampin’ Dimensionals
- 103683 Mini Glue Dots
- 102394 Stampin’ Mist Stamp Cleaner
- 126200 Stampin’ Scrub
- 126199 Stampin’ Pierce Mat
- 102300 Bone Folder
- 103579 Paper Snips
- Chocolate Chip cardstock: 8-1/2” x 5-1/2”, long edge scored and folded at 4-1/4” for card base; 3-3/4” x 3-1/4” for layered focal piece.
- Crumb Cake cardstock: 2 pieces of 4” x 5-1/4”, one for front layer, one for inside; 3-5/8” x 3-1/4” for layered focal piece.
- Always Artichoke cardstock: 3-1/2” x 3-1/4” for layered focal piece.
- Wood Texture Designer Series Paper: 2” x 5-1/4”
- Crumb Cake ribbon: approximately 5” for flat piece and 3-1/2” to 4” for knot piece
- Copper Trim: approximately 3-1/2” to 4”
- Rub Embossing Buddy over Always Artichoke cardstock.
- Stamp Image with VersaMark ink towards the top of the Always Artichoke cardstock. Cover the VersaMark image with Copper Embossing Powder and heat with Heat Tool until powder is shiny. Wipe off any white reside left from Embossing Buddy with a paper towel (or just use your pant leg if you are like me!)
- Stamp inside sentiment on Crumb Cake cardstock with Always Artichoke ink, adhere to inside of card with Fast Fuse or adhesive of choice.
- Adhere larger piece of Crumb Cake cardstock to front of card.
- Adhere Wood Texture paper to front left of Crumb Cake layer.
- Layer Always Artichoke, Crumb Cake and Chocolate Chip cardstock pieces together. Each layer is the same width so just center each piece, top to bottom, on to the next.
- Wrap the longer piece of Crumb Cake around the layers and adhere to back.
- Place a dimensional on the back of each corner and place layers just above center on front of card.
- Hold the short piece of Crumb Cake ribbon and the Copper Trim together and tie in a simple knot. Adhere to card front with a glue dot and then trim the ends.
- Before you ever stamp with a photopolymer stamp, ink it up with VersaMark ink, it will help minimize the inevitable staining that will happen with use.
- To get a nice, crisp image, use Stampin’ Pierce Mat underneath cardstock when stamping with a photopolymer image.
- Using the Embossing Buddy helps to prevent extra specks of embossing powder from sticking to your cardstock.
- For a crisp fold on the card base, use the scoring blade on the Stampin’ Up trimmer and/or a bone folder.
- When you cut your ribbon for the knot, don’t skimp. You will want extra to make tying the knot easier and you will want to trim the ends for a clean cut after you finish messing with it.
- I often will tie the knot while the ribbon is still on the roll so I can cut one side exactly where I want it (no waste).
- Designate one set of Paper Snips or other sharp scissors to use only for cutting ribbon. It will help keep your scissors nice and sharp.
Thanks for visiting today! I hope you enjoyed what my guest blogger had to share today.
Purchase $50 worth of product in July to get a coupon for $5 to redeem in August. Yay!! Click here for more details.
- There is no limit to the number of coupons participants can receive per order or throughout the duration of the promotion.
- An email address is required to participate; Bonus Days coupon codes can only be delivered via email.
- All order types qualify for this promotion excluding Starter Kits.
Christmas in July for new demonstrators!
Purchase the Starter Kit in July, join my community of Stampin' Up!® demonstrators (Stampers With ART Stars) for the fun and benefits, AND get the Carols of Christmas stamp set AND an Essentials Gift Pack of Tools for FREE (an extra $72 value)!
- 144804 - Carols of Christmas Stamp Set
Essentials Gift Pack:
- 118485 - D Block (x2)
- 130148 - Grid Paper
- 103579 - Paper Snips
- 104332 - SNAIL Adhesive
- 102300 - Bone Folder
- This offer is good for any recruit who joins during the month of July, including former demonstrators.
- All Starter Kit orders must be submitted by 11:59 PM (MT) on July 31 to be eligible for this promotion.
- Recruits may not exchange their Essential Gift Pack items for other products, including stamp sets.
- Please note: The Essentials Gift Pack will automatically be added to the Starter Kit.