I just can't stop creating with the new Carols of Christmas stamp set. It is featured in the upcoming 2107 Holiday Catalog, but was released a month early. YEP! You can get your hands on it now...
This past Thursday I shared three sparkling card ideas using this bundle, and on July 30th I introduced this special bundle (along with others in a blog hop) with a woodsy and masculine card. Today I want to share a couple more things I created... a simple, but sparkling 12x12 scrapbook page layout and this card below where I used the tree dies as branches on a Christmas tree.
The card has a vellum overlay. After deciding where I wanted my branches to go, I stamped and embossed my ornaments in silver onto the upper right corner of the vellum.
Then on some "scrap vellum" I stamped and embossed a set of Cherry Cobbler ornaments and set of Copper ornaments. (We don't have Cherry Cobbler embossing powder, so I used Cherry Cobbler ink and Clear powder.) I cut those out with the coordinating dies and adhered a couple of them over the silver ones.
I stuck the vellum to the card by using Glue Dots under the ornaments. (I later put more adhesive in the lower left corner under the Deck the Halls layer.) Then I added the "branches" starting with the pieces under the vellum layer first and building up from there. Each time I added a branch, I trimmed off the excess hanging off the edge of the card.
- Whisper White Thick Cardstock: 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" folded in half at 4-1/4" and 2-1/4" x 2-7/8"
- Old Olive Cardstock: scraps for die-cutting trees (branches)
- Vellum Cardstock: 4" x 5-1/4" and scraps for stamping and die-cutting copper and cherry ornaments
- Cherry Cobbler Double-Stitched Ribbon: about 2"
- Old Olive 1/8" Sheer Ribbon: about 2"
Though I mention needing about 2 inches of each ribbon in the measurements listed above, only about an inch of each shows. The other inch is under the "Deck the Halls" layer.
Then I HAD to make pages, right!? I'm a scrapbooker. Of course. ;) Won't these pages be perfect for some wintery Christmas photos?
I left photo mats off these pages on purpose, so that I would have more flexibility later when it came time to add my pictures. More than likely I will mat my photos on Garden Green or Basic Black cardstock when I am ready for that step.
I love that I didn't need a ton of supplies for these pages.
- Whisper White Cardstock: 12" x 12" and a 3" x 3" scrap for stamping and die-cutting the words
- Pear Pizzazz Cardstock: 12" x 12" and 4-1/2" x 11-1/8"
- Garden Green Cardstock: 4-3/8" x 11"
- Basic Black Cardstock: 4-1/4" x 10-7/8"
- Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper: 1-1/2" x 4" for under the moon and stars area...2-1/2" x 2-1/2" scrap for die-cutting the trees and two pieces of 1-1/2" x 4"
Here are a few tips for the pages...
Die-cut the moon and stars into your Basic Black cardstock then flip the cardstock over so that you don't see the die's indented edges.
After I layered my Basic Black onto my 1-1/2" x 4" scrap of Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer paper (under the moon and stars area), then onto my Garden Green, then onto my Pear Pizzazz, and THEN onto my 12x12 Whisper White... I add the sequins in the moon. For those sequins I filled the moon area with glue from my Fine Tip Glue pen and then tucked in the large yellowish sequins. It was a little tedious, but I love the results.
I tore the top edges of my 1-1/2" x 4" pieces of glimmer paper for my snowy ground. The layer closer to the bottom of the page is up on Dimensionals for depth. My trees are just tucked under those torn glimmer paper layers.
And I added these sequins with lots of little drops of glue and LOTS of patience.
I hope you enjoyed these ideas. Have a fabulous weekend!
OH!...I thought I'd give you a quick update on my gum surgery. I got the last of the stitches out today and I have about a month more of healing before life is normal for me again - two more weeks of chewing on my right side only, using my medicinal mouth wash and brushing only my right side AND then the following two weeks with no mouth wash but using a special way of brushing on my left side. So yippee! In a month I get to eat and brush normally!! Thanks for all your well wishes and kind messages.
Fall into Savings with Paper Pumpkin
You'll get a gorgeous, autumn-themed September kit delivered straight to your door at 50% off when you join from August 11–September 10. Sign up using promo code HALFOFF0917 at paperpumpkin.com.
- Only new month-to-month subscribers qualify for the 50% discount.
- To participate in this promotion, subscribers must join by Monday, September 10, 2017 at 11:50 PM (MT).
- The 50% discount only applies to the new subscriber’s first kit. After that, the price for each month’s kit will return to the regular price of $19.95 USD/$26.95 CAD.