Isn't everyone's favorite season Summer?! It is for me. I love that my family can spend time at the lake.
I took this photo of Luke, Nick and their cousin Robbie (in the middle) last Saturday. We lucked out and had beautiful weather up there all 5 days. I'm missing the bliss of sitting on the dock watching my kids play and listening to the loons. Thankfully we'll be up there one more time before school starts and the cooler weather starts to set in.
I made this card a few days ago when I was thinking back on all the fun we had.
It's a z-fold card (I know...I'm into z-fold cards lately) featuring the Seaside Shore stamp set, By The Shore Designer Paper, Layering Circles Framelits and Swirly Scribbles Thinlits. (See a full list of the supplies I used below.)
- Dapper Denim Cardstock: 11" x 4-1/4" scored from the short end at 2-3/4" and 5-1/2" for the card base & 1-1/2" x 4-1/4" for die-cutting waves
- Basic Black Cardstock: scrap that is about 4" x 3"
- By The Shore Designer Paper: blue waves pattern 4" x 6" cut at about 2-9/16" down from the top (to make it easier to fold the card shut) & red waves pattern scrap for stamping and die-cutting circles scrap that is about 2-1/2" x 6"
- Gold Foil Sheet: scrap that is about 5-1/2" x 3"
- You can create 12 of these cards from one pack of designer paper because of the way the wave design in the blue and red waves designer paper goes from light to dark to light again.
- Stamp THEN die-cut circles. I used the 2-1/8" and 1-5/8" circle dies (and coordinating scallop circle dies).
- Trim the "leaves" off the medium scribbles die (the one on the bottom of the card) before attaching. Attach these scribbles using either the Fine Tip Glue or the Multipurpose Glue.
- Close the card to attach the "bubbles."
After making the first card, I put together this simple second one using pieces that I had tried to include when I was designing my first one.
- Dapper Denim Cardstock: 8-1/2" x 4-1/4" scored at 4-1/4" (card base)
- Basic Black Cardstock: scrap that is about 2-1/2" x 2-1/2"
- By The Shore Designer Paper: blue waves pattern 4" x 4" and 2" x 4" for the inside & red waves pattern scrap for stamping and die-cutting circle (use what is remaining from the 2-1/2" x 6" piece from the first card)
- Gold Foil Sheet: scrap that is about 2" x 2"
- I used the 1-7/8" circle die (and coordinating scallop circle die).
- Die-cut only one small gold scribble. Attach 1/2 of this scribble (using either the Fine Tip Glue or the Multipurpose Glue) to one edge of the designer paper. Trim off the excess. Then attach this excess to the other edge of the designer paper.
FYI...My holiday catalog & pre-order came yesterday!! (The Holiday Catalog will debut in September, so demonstrators have access to it a month early.) I'm going to dive in today and start creating! I can't wait!! I LOVE being able to order early - one of the great perks of being a demonstrator. :D So I hope to be sharing some fun ideas with those products soon.