I really love the medallion image in the new Moroccan Nights stamp set. So while playing around one day and using it with blues and reds, I instantly thought "fireworks." And this shaker card is the end result.
Supplies (also see the list below where supplies are linked to my online store):
- Stamps: Moroccan Nights (141715w or 141718c)), Thoughtful Banners (141614p)
- 100730 Whisper White cardstock: 4” x 5-1/4” for inside or card and scraps for stamping & punching out banner piece and the two stars inside the shaker
- 141414 Dapper Denim cardstock: 4” x 5-1/4”
- 102482 Real Red cardstock: 3-3/4” x 4-1/4”
- 121045 Basic Black cardstock: 4-1/4” x 11” folded in half for card base
- 142314 Window Sheet: 3-1/2” x 4”
- 121790 Red Glimmer paper: scrap for punching confetti stars
- 135314 Silver Glimmer paper: scrap for punching confetti stars
- Ink: 126949 Real Red, 141394 Dapper Denim, 140931 Basic Black Archival
- Other: 126889 Stampin’ Trimmer, 138293 Medium Star Punch, 141483 Duet Banner Punch, 135861 Confetti Stars Border Punch, 119246 Basic Rhinestones Jewel Accents, 104332 SNAIL Adhesive, 141825 Foam Adhesive Strips, 138309 Fine Tip Glue Pen, 103083 Embossing Buddy (optional)
- Stamp medallion image with Dapper Denim ink randomly onto Dapper Denim cardstock and once onto scrap white. Stamp medallion image with Real Read ink once onto scrap white. Stamp banner and celebrate images with Basic Black ink onto scrap white.
- Punch out the banner and a star shape from each medallion. Punch out confetti stars from the glimmer paper. Attach a large red glimmer star to the banner using the Fine Tip Glue pen.
- Use Stampin’ Trimmer to remove a 3” x 3-1/2” window from the Dapper Denim cardstock and a 2-3/4” x 3-1/4” window from the Real Red cardstock. Hint: Start with the red and cut ½” in all the way around. Then do this with 3 sides of the blue. The bottom part of the blue frame piece is 1-1/4” from the edge.
- Use the SNAIL to attach the Dapper Denim frame to the Real Red frame and then THAT to the window sheet. Turn it upside-down and add adhesive strips to “border” the window but not show through – making sure there are no gaps for any confetti to fit through. Don’t take the backing off the adhesive strips yet, and rub the embossing buddy along the inner edge of the adhesive strips to take away any stickiness that might exist.
- Now use this frame as a guide for attaching the blue and red “medallion” stars to the black card base. Add rhinestones to the middle area of the black here and there, too so they will also appear inside the framed shaker.
- Now add a pinch of glimmer star confetti to the middle. Do not use any adhesive. These stars will be the ones that “shake.” Take off the backing from the adhesive strips. Attach frame to the front of the card so it is centered and contains the shaker elements.
- Attach celebrate banner using SNAIL. Attach 4” x 5-1/4” Whisper White to the inside of the card.
Shake your card and enjoy. And then add your message and send it off in the mail to someone special. Happy 4th of July!
The NEW 2016-17 Annual Catalog
- Click here to shop the new products in my online store.
- Click here to purchase your own copy.
- Click here to download the new catalog.
Two FREE Stamp Sets
Extra Stampin' Rewards $
Orders that reach $350 or more during the month of June will receive $35 in EXTRA STAMPIN' REWARDS.