I needed a quick card the other day and came up with this fun half-front birthday card using the soon-to-be-released Cool Treats stamp set and one of the Celebrations Duo embossing folders (they are actually debossing folders).
Here are the supplies I used to make this card:
- Stamps: Cool Treats stamp set (or bundle with the coordinating dies and save 10% - item #145181)
- Whisper White cardstock: 5-1/4” x 4”
- Basic Black cardstock: 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” scored at 4-1/4”
- Silver 3/8” Metallic Ribbon: ~14”
- Ink: Flirty Flamingo, Watermelon Wonder, Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake, Basic Black
- Other: Celebrations Duo Embossing Folders, Big Shot, Stampin’ Trimmer, Paper Snips, Rhinestones, SNAIL Adhesive
(Click on these images to find the supplies in my online store.)
And here are the instructions:
- Use the trimmer to remove the front, top half (a 4-1/4” x 2-1/2” section) of the Basic Black card base piece.
- Emboss the word “celebrate” on the remaining part of the card front.
- Stamp the solid ice cream image in the upper right corner of the Whisper White cardstock using Flirty Flamingo ink. Stamp the wavy layer for this ice cream next using Watermelon Wonder ink. Then stamp the sprinkles towards the top of the ice cream using Cherry Cobbler ink.
- For the cone underneath, stamp the solid triangle first using “stamped off” Crumb Cake ink. Then stamp the criss-cross cone image on top using Crumb Cake ink.
- Attach Whisper White layer to the inside of the card using SNAIL.
- Tie ribbon onto card and position it so it meets up with the front flap of the card when closed AND so the knot is centered on top of the ice cream cone.
- Open up the card and stamp the birthday message your choice inside and below the ribbon using Basic Black ink.
- Add a few rhinestones to the ice cream for more sparkle.
- Present to a friend or family member for their birthday and enjoy their amazement when you tell them YOU made the card.
This card features some fabulous ribbon: the 3/8" Metallic Ribbon.
This ribbon is one of my favorites of the new ribbons being released on January 4th. It will be in the Sale-A-Bration catalog, so it isn't something that can be purchased. Instead it is one of the free picks with a $50 purchase. And this free pick is part of a 2 ribbon roll combo pack! One roll is white with silver threads (as shown on the card) and the other is vanilla with gold threads. So if you spend $50 during Sale-A-Bration, you can get both rolls of this ribbon for free.
You can also get a free roll (silver OR gold - your choice) when you purchase the 2017 "I Want Every Spring Share" bundle. Click here for more information on my shares.
Remember...January 4th is the magic day! So be sure to click HERE this Wednesday to download and view the new 2017 Occasions Catalog and Sale-a-Bration brochure.
Are you interested in joining a club?
Do you love Stampin' Up! products enough to order them monthly?
Do you want to get Stampin' Rewards (free products) just for ordering consistently?
Then the Online Paper Crafter's Club might be the IDEAL thing for you. We are looking for new members!
Click here to learn more about our Year-End Closeouts.