Welcome to another Thailand Achievers Blog Hop! The theme for this month is: Our Annual Catalogue/Catalog Favorites! So follow along and check out all the other blogs in the hop (click on the names of other participants in the list below) so you can see the products we all adore in the new 2017-18 Annual Catalog AND see a great collection of hand-stamped cards and paper crafting projects! Oh, the creativity you will see as you hop from blog to blog! Have fun.
I absolutely HAD to have the Lemon Zest bundle as soon as I saw it. And it's funny that my mom felt the same way. We both got it right away. Because I am currently on a two week family road trip, I haven't had much time to create with it yet. But I'm pretty happy with this first card. And I'm looking forward to changing the colors up on the slice image to make oranges and limes, too.
This is the bundle. You can get the stamp set (in wood-mount or clear-mount) and the Lemon Builder punch separately. Or you can purchase them together (in wood-mount or clear-mount) to save 10% like my mom and I did.
I also am addicted to the Glitter Enamel Dots. I think they are right up there as an essential accessory for me like the rhinestones. I've used them in several of my projects that I've shared on my blog already: June 17th, June 14th, June 9th, June 6th, and April 30th. Aren't they just "yummy?!"
Two more products that I absolutely had to have from this new catalog were the Lemon Lime Twist Ombre Ribbon and the Layered Leaves Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.
Here are some details if you wish to recreate this card.
- Whisper White Thick Card Stock (base of card): 11" x 4-1/4" scored at 5-1/2"
- Whisper White Thick Card Stock (the embossed layer): 5-3/8" x 4-1/8"
- Whisper White Thick Card Stock: 1-1/2" x 3" for the banner and scraps for the lemon & lemon slice and 4 leaves
- Lemon Lime Twist Ombre Ribbon: about 5-6" for the bow and another 3" to line the left side of the banner
- Ink the lemon with full Daffodil Delight ink. Then add a bit more ink on the edges with Crushed Curry ink to give it depth before stamping it. Ink the lemon slice with full Daffodil Delight ink. Stamp it on scrap paper to lighten the color. Then add a bit more ink on the edges with Crushed Curry ink to give it depth before stamping it. After stamping the lemon, the lemon slice and the 4 leaves (with Lemon Lime Twist ink), punch them out.
- Punch the banner piece before stamping the sentiment (with Lemon Lime Twist ink).
- After embossing the 5-3/8" x 4-1/8" Whisper White piece, tying the bow, stamping and punching, assemble the card. I used Fast Fuse as my main adhesive. I used a Glue Dot to attach the bow. And I used Dimensionals under the lemon slice and the bottom of the banner. (The Glitter Enamel Dots are self-adhesive.)
OH! And then I painted a bit of Wink of Stella on the lemon slice to make it sparkle a bit.
Here is a view of the inside. I took this photo at the pool yesterday (notice the bench I had to set it on) while on our family vacation, because I forgot to photograph it at home. LOL
The sentiment is stamped with Crushed Curry ink.
I know...I'm a little obsessed taking my stamping on the road with me, but it's actually very relaxing blogging when we are in the car between destinations. And actually I really couldn't be away from what I do for two weeks straight because I LOVE IT SO MUCH. In fact my friend, Kristin Kortonick let me pick up the June 2017 Paper Pumpkin kit from her as we passed by her house near Salt Lake City on Sunday so I wouldn't have to wait until I get home this next weekend to have one in my hands!
Thanks for checking out my blog today. Have fun on the hop. And remember to stamp your art out! :)