Welcome to another Thailand Achievers Blog Hop! The theme for this month is: Last Call for Sale-a-Bration. So follow along and check out all the other blogs in the hop (click on the names of other participants in the list below) so you can see a great collection of hand-stamped cards and paper crafting projects that feature Sale-a-Bration freebie products that will no longer be available come April 1st. Oh, the creativity you will see as you hop from blog to blog! Have fun.
By now you may have heard that the Card Tin and the Beautiful Glimmer Paper are no longer available?! We loved them so much that we depleted the supplies. But there are still several great choices left! With every $50 US in product you order from now through March 31st, you will get to pick one of many from the Sale-a-Bration brochure or flyer. (Click here to learn more about the other perks of Sale-a-Bration.) AND as of this morning new items have been added into the choices! Click here for the flyer with additional choices.
I'm choosing to highlight the Inside the Lines Designer Series Paper found on page 11 of the brochure. I think it's terrific AS IS. This simple black & white designer paper works well with so many other colors. I have it paired with Blushing Bride in this cute "circle bite" Easter card.
Supplies (scroll to the bottom to see these products AND for links to my online store):
- Stamps: Basket Bunch
- Whisper White Thick cardstock: 11” x 4-1/4” scored in half at 5-1/2”
- Blushing Bride cardstock: 4” x 4”
- Inside the Lines designer paper: 3-3/4” x 3-3/4”
- Blushing Bride Stitched Satin ribbon: about 10”
- Ink: Tuxedo Black Momento, Blushing Bride
- Other: Layering Circles Framelits, Big Shot, Subtles Markers, Stamping Sponges, Stampin’ Trimmer, Paper Snips, SNAIL Adhesive, Dimensionals, scrap paper for mask
- Attach designer paper to 4” x 4” Blushing Bride piece making sure to put SNAIL in more than just the 4 corners. Then die-cut the bottom right corner using the 2-5/8" diameter circle framelit.
- Position this layer over the top portion of the folded card base piece so it becomes a guide (do not attach yet). Stamp the bunny. Stamp the sentiment. And stamp the eggs.
- Pull designer paper layer away and tie on the ribbon.
- Stamp bunny onto scrap paper and “fussy cut.” Position this over the bunny on the card as a mask and hold it steady as you sponge on Blushing Bride ink around the outside of the bunny. Use a circular motion to sponge on the ink to get a softer gradient look, but be careful going around the ears. (Pounce the sponge to get a more speckled look.) Pull the mask away and color more of the bunny with the Blushing Bride marker if you wish. Color the eggs, too.
- Attach the designer paper layer using Dimensionals. Trim the ribbon ends.
These cards each feature the "spotlighting" technique:
- Punch a circle in the paper, color it (I used Watercolor Pencils & a Blender Pen), and layer it onto a slightly larger circle punched from Basic Black cardstock.
- Then when assembling the card, attach the colored-in circle so it matches up in the design of the paper again.
This card (designed by my super creative upline, Susan Campfield) was a make-n-take at our January 28th Demos Galore event. Even though I was a presenter at this event, I found some time to quickly put together one for me to take home.
It's a twisted easel card (also referred to as a diagonal easel card). This card also features our yummy Sale-a-Bration metallic ribbon!
And this last card showing off the Inside the Lines Designer Paper was a beautiful swap from my "sister demonstrator," Anita Dickson.
Thanks for checking out my blog today. Have fun on the hop. And remember to stamp your art out! :)
Take note that the Retiring Products List will post April 10th. And when it does, certain products tend to sell out quickly (sometimes even BEFORE the list posts) like the outgoing 2015-17 In Color re-inkers and cardstock packs: Mint Macaron, Cucumber Crush, Watermelon Wonder, Tip Top Taupe and Delightful Dijon. So take inventory now and start making those needed purchases earlier than later.
Sale-A-Bration (January 4 - March 31) It's the best time of the Stampin' Up! year! Click here to see how everyone is earning fabulous, free products!