I just adore this beautiful new Lotus Blossom stamp set on page 7 in the Sale-a-Bration catalog. This is the card I designed for my January Technique & Tea class. The technique I intended to teach was making a glitter window, but we ended up learning tips and tricks for stamping these beautiful blossoms too! There is a bit of a learning curve with this "3-step" stamp set. My advice is to start with the solid image (lightest color) and focus on lining up the tops of the petals as you stamp the next two flower images.
Here are the steps for making this pretty card.
- Fold a piece of 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" Mossy Meadow cardstock in half.
- Punch the front of this green card base by positioning the punch all the way in from the right edge.
- Replace the punched out piece, add a bit of adhesive to the top of it, and lay the 2-3/4" x 5-1/4" Whisper White front layer where it should go on top of the green. The white layer will pick up the punched out piece to show where to punch the white cardstock. Punch, then set aside this narrow white layer.
- Adhere a 5-1/4" x 4" Whisper White layer to the inside of the card. Close the card and stamp the message through the window.
- Stamp the blossoms onto the narrow white piece.*
- Add packaging tape to the back side of this white piece so the sticky side is face up. Sprinkle on Dazzling Diamonds glitter, shake off the excess, and attach the white layer to the front of the card.
- Emboss the front of the card, add pearls, and add the rest of the sentiment to the inside.
*Stamp the flowers in this order:
- Large solid flower image in lightest color (Wisteria Wonder stamped off)
- Large detailed flower image on top in medium color (Wisteria Wonder)
- Small detailed flower image on top in darkest color (Elegant Eggplant)
- Solid stem in lightest color (Mossy Meadow stamped off)
- Detailed stem in darkest color (Mossy Meadow)
To emboss the front of the card, you may need to trim off a bit of the embossing folder. It isn't meant to go through the Big Shot horizontally. But if you trim off just a bit of the open end, it fits!
I'm looking forward to playing with my January Paper Pumpkin kit soon! Have any of you put yours together yet?