I just HAD to make a similar one for my Card Addiction Class coming up this Friday. I made the sentiment area of the card a bit simpler, and then I added a "punch art" strawberry.
I used the Blossom Builder punch for this strawberry.
- Watermelon Wonder Card Stock: 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" folded in half at 4-1/4" for the base of the card AND scraps for punching the two pieces for the strawberry
- Whisper White Card Stock: 5-1/4" x 4" for the inside layer AND scrap for die-cutting an oval (or circle)
- Pear Pizzazz Card Stock: scrap for punching the leaves for the strawberry
- Tasty Treats Designer Series Paper: 4" x 5-1/2"
- Use a sponge in a light, circular motion to add Pool Party ink to the top third or half of the designer paper - start at the very top and move downward to get the gradual darker to lighter look. Use a tissue to wipe off any excess ink.
- Attach Affectionately Yours Watermelon Wonder striped Washi Tape to the left edge of the Watermelon Wonder card base. Then attach the designer paper so it meets up with the right edge and the top and bottom edges.
- Stamp the sentiment on the Whisper White scrap. Then die-cut with the oval or circle that fits best. Add to card with two-three Dimensionals.
- Punch the Watermelon Wonder and Pear Pizzazz scraps for the strawberry pieces. Stamp "seeds" onto the red parts using Whisper White craft ink.
- Attach the Watermelon Wonder pieces together - use a Dimensional at the top and a Glue Dot at the bottom of the smaller strawberry layer.
- Fold the leaf piece in half. And use Glue Dots to secure it to the top of the strawberry.
- Add the strawberry to the card with a Dimensional.
The products I used to make this card are listed below. Unfortunately the designer paper, Watermelon Wonder card stock, and the washi tape are three items that will be retiring soon. So if they are on your wish list, you'll want to order them today.
Hope you enjoyed my card idea!
On a side note, I got my May Paper Pumpkin kit yesterday!! Did you? I won't ruin the surprise for you subscribers if you'd rather wait for your kit to arrive to find out what is in it. But for those of you who are curious, click here to see the "How To" video released by Stampin' Up! yesterday. It's a really cute one!
Have a great rest of your day!
Looking for information on retiring products and the upcoming 2017-18 Annual Catalog? Click here
Certain products tend to sell out quickly. So take inventory now and start making those needed purchases earlier than later.
Want to be one of the first to see and get your hands on new products?
Become a Stampers With ART Star! Join my community, have fun and reap the rewards of being a demonstrator. Click here to learn more.
2017-18 Product Shares are now available! Click here to see the shares that are available and to get all the information about taking part. But HURRY! Shares are filling fast!
Never tried Paper Pumpkin kits? Click here to find out how first time subscribers can get 25% off their first 3 months!